Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Try using an assignment calculator to help plan your time during the research process.
Call Number: B F M882T-h 2012
Publication Date: 2013
Tells the story of Frank Money, an African-American veteran of the Korean War, who returns home to the segregated, pre-civil rights era South in search of his beloved little sister, Cee.
You will write a 6-page research essay analyzing the novel Home by Toni Morrison, using at least three articles from reputable sources that clearly demonstrate your research focus, including at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article.
You will choose one of the following three approaches for your analysis of the novel:
- Analysis using literary theory
- Analysis using research into history
- Analysis of two or three themes of your choice that are woven through the novel
This assignment includes several parts:
- Research Proposal (due Monday, April 6)
- Research Journey presentation (due Wednesday, April 8)
- Annotated Bibliography (due Monday, April 13)
- Final draft of essay (due Monday, April 20)
More Research and Writing Help