Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you live in Santa Barbara, Cox is providing 1 month of free internet service to qualified customers.
If you live in Ventura, Comcast is providing 2 months of free internet service to qualified customers.
Chromebook and Wifi Hotspot Borrowing and Returns
How do I borrow or return a Chromebook or wifi hotspot?
- Monday - Thursday 10am - 2pm or 5pm - 7pm
- Sunday 1pm - 4pm
Behind the Luria Library: drive or walk along the fire road to the back door, at the loading dock (see this map for directions).
Be sure to bring a photo ID.
Social distancing measures and safety precautions will be taken with equipment pickup and returns. Please wear a mask.
The Luria Library has Chromebooks available for long-term check out:
- Chromebooks are due back on the last Friday of the semester at 4pm.
- Chromebooks must be returned without damage to staff at the Checkout Desk where they were borrowed.
- Chromebooks are free to borrow. Replacement cost for a lost or damaged Chromebook is $350.
- Chromebooks that are not returned are considered lost.
- Chromebooks do not save student work. Please save all of your work to Google Drive.
- Personal information will be removed from the Chromebook upon logging out.
Using Chromebooks to Learn Online
What is a Chromebook, Anyway?
A Chromebook is a personal computer running the Google Chrome operating system (Chrome OS). The devices are designed to be used while connected to the Internet and support applications that reside on the Web, rather than traditional PC applications like Microsoft Office that reside on the machine itself. Using web applications rather than traditional PC applications is known as cloud computing (basically, online storage and software).